We offer three ICoSM 2022 Young Micromorphologist Awards.
The ICoSM 2022 Young Micromorphologist Award is financed by IUSS in the framework of Stimulus Fund.
Rules of the ICoSM 2022 Young Micromorphologist Award
- Candidate must be a participant of the International Conference on Soil Micromorphology (ICoSM) 2022 in Krakow, Poland.
- Candidate must submit an abstract to the conference. The abstract should be related with a topic relevant to one of the thematic areas of the conference. The candidate must be an author or first co-author of the submitted abstract.
- The candidate must submit an application form which is available HERE. The attached form must be filled, converted to PDF, and returned to the chair of the Organizing Committee via email@example.com with each entry to arrive before the official closing date.
- The candidate must submit a draft of the manuscript (in PDF file) which has not been published till the day of application submission, and which is going to be published based on results presented in the abstract. The draft should contain all the elements typical of the research paper.
- The winner will be expected to present her/his paper at the conference as an oral presentation.
- Person eligible for the award must be a PhD student or a person who completed the PhD in the last 5 years (i.e. from January 1, 2017 until now).
- The award consists of a honorarium of 800 USD and a certificate.
- The award will not be granted if it is considered that candidates do not reach the standard required.
- The closing date for submission of the application form (and other possible documents), conference abstract and the draft of the manuscript is March 31, 2022.
- The submitted documents (application form + other document, abstract, draft of the manuscript) will be evaluated and ranked by the members of the Scientific Committee of the ICoSM 2022.
- The submission should be done electronically to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Selection procedure for three awards
- A committee of the ICoSM 2022 Young Micromorphologist Award will be constituted from members of the Scientific Committee of the ICoSM 2022. It will count 10 people. Members of the committee will not be related (both institutionally, and personally) with any of the candidates.
- After April 1, 2022, a committee of the ICoSM 2022 Young Micromorphologist Award will check if candidates sent all the required documents (application form, conference abstract and the draft of the manuscript) and if all candidates fulfil the rules of the award. In case of the lack of any document, the application of a given candidate will not be proceeded.
- Members of the committee will rank each application.
- The results will be announced on April 30, 2022 on the website of the conference (http://www.icosm2020.sggw.pl/) and via e-mail sent to all applicants.